Monday, March 6, 2017

Hello

I am a wife, mother of two crazy boys, freelance writer, and Staff Storyteller for Adoption.com. I believe in an adoptee's right to have his or her original birth certificate. I was in a closed adoption in 1982 in Florida. I was raised with two adopted sisters. I used Ancestry DNA to find my biological family.

Over the last several years I have seen many articles describing adoptees as victims. Undoubtedly, there are cases of abuse. However, I wholly disagree that the separation of a mother from a baby does lifelong damage. I hope my writing can shed light on the other side of adoption.

This will be a place for me to store all the articles I have written. I'll touch on the good, the bad, and the ugly. I'll also share thoughts on various topics from an adoptee's perspective. Feel free to look around. 

No comments:

Post a Comment